These crispy on the outside, creamy and tender on the inside Roasted Southwest Golden Creamer Potatoes are the perfect side dish; seasoned with chili powder and smoked paprika for a smokey, subtly spicy nugget of goodness.
ME BEFORE THE RECIPE…
I just want to say, I’m cool. Yep, cool mom here. It’s confirmed. I just got back from volunteering in Braelyn’s third grade class and one of her little friends said she liked my shirt. It’s a sweatshirt. I wear it almost every night as pajamas. But I was cold this morning and it has flowers on it AND it’s a skater brand, so I told myself it was okay to pair it with some skinny jeans and black boots.
Looks like I was right. Mama’s got a cool kid wardrobe!
Also, I played the captivating game of “Would You Rather” with the kids at lunch. Oh man, I had those third graders hootin’ and hollerin’! It takes a real mature mom to come up with scenarios like:
- Would you rather eat toenail clippings on your toast or mucus in your sandwich?
- Would you rather sport a permanent rainbow mohawk or have stained blue teeth?
- Would you rather be physically attached to your worst enemy or have to do the worm to get to wherever you need to go?
- Would you rather have hairy armpits that you can never shave or feet that constantly smell like boiled eggs?
- Would you rather have to cock-a-doodle-doo every time you blink or have your finger permanently stuck up your nose?
And those are only a few of the classy questions I came up with. I’ll tell you one thing, though, anything to do with bodily functions seems to be absolutely hilarious in the eyes of an 8 year old….