Who needs a cup of hot chocolate when you can chow down on a batch of Gluten Free Hot Cocoa Cupcakes?! Light and fluffy chocolate cupcakes topped with smooth milk chocolate frosting and topped with toasted mini marshmallows. I’m gonna be looking for these on our next Polar Express!
ME BEFORE THE RECIPE…
I remember a few years back taking our girls to the Polar Express train ride up by the Grand Canyon. Of course I was too cheap to pay for the entire overnight experience, so we just went on the evening train ride and booked a hotel somewhat close.
What did I think about the whole “North Pole” experience??? Well…
- It was freezing! At least by my standards. I was shivering in my 74 degree house yesterday. Brrrr!!!
- The Polar Express story they read over the speakers was inaudible. I couldn’t hear a dang word of the wondrous tale.
- The cookies were terrible!!! I mean for the amount of money you pay, at least serve a decent cookie. (Insert eye roll and tear emoji cuz that’s how I felt.)
- It was late, oh so late. Do you know how never ending a day feels when you’ve traveled, your kids are up WAY past their bedtime, and then you have to drag them to check into a hotel because, again, you were too cheap to book the close one?
- Uh, where were the whimsical dancing servers with hot chocolate???! C’mon. I wanted a full on show in the aisle of that train. What kind of operation are you running here, just sending regular old servers down the line with a cup of watered down hot cocoa? I wanted rich, melty, velvety, chocolaty liquid magic that would bring all my Christmas dreams to life in one sip. Guess that kind of hot chocolate would cost a little more than the standard North Pole adventure.