Crazy to the point that they’re driving me crazy as well.
Braelyn talks all the time (really there is no moment of silence with that girl) and Emry is always moving. She climbs on everything. You turn your back and she is either on top of our table or walking along the countertop.
When it gets to the point that I want to lock myself in a closet and scream, I have to remind myself how cute they are.
In fact, just the other day she dipped her strawberry in ranch just because she wanted something to dip. Gross! But hey, if she ate it she must have liked it.
One of Em’s favorite dips is my Simply Guac. She loves avocados.
I had a few avocados in the fridge, but I was a little Mexican fooded out so I thought I’d come up with another avocado based dip/spread that Emry could make a complete mess of.
Since I was planning on making turkey, ham and spinach wraps for dinner I decided to choose flavors that would compliment that combo.
I added some basil to play up the earthiness of the spread.
Use this recipe to spread on sandwiches or wraps, to dip crackers or vegetables in or to top savory crepes or omelets. This dip will keep for two days in the fridge and it doesn’t seem to brown as quickly from the avocados as guacamole usually does.
What is your favorite dip or spread?
- 2 avocados
- ½ teaspoon finely minced garlic, or ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons freshly chopped basil
- Cut avocados in half, twist open and set pits aside. Remove skin and discard.
- Mince garlic and chop basil.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor.
- Process on high until completely smooth, about 30-45 seconds.
- Scoop into bowl with pits*, cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes or until ready to serve.